October 1, 2020
We appreciate your cooperation and support during these unprecedented times. Social distancing and other virus-related restrictions have been difficult for all of us during this pandemic. Some of you may be aware that Texas is beginning to move forward to “reopen” our senior living facilities.
Given the continuing threat of the virus to our vulnerable residents, any reopening of a Community will depend on a variety of factors including:
- Local County COVID-19 transmission rates and community spread of the virus;
- The existence of any positive cases for staff or residents within our building; and
- Any changes in guidance issued by the CDC, the local health department and/or the Texas Department of Health Services.
With the decrease in the surge of COVID-19 cases in Texas, Senior Living facilities in Texas are now permitted to have indoor activities if the facility does not have a current COVID “outbreak” as defined by the CDC and local health department. However, certain limitations and restrictions will be imposed to prevent bringing the virus to our vulnerable residents.
Unless our Community is currently experiencing a COVID outbreak, starting 10/5/2020, we will begin opening our community dining room and offering indoor activities. Bistro Menu’s will not be available since the dining room will be open and offers more choices. Social Distancing will be required in the dining room. If you do not want to join us in the dining room, a meal can still be delivered to you for a $2.00 per day charge. Please call in advance if you want a meal delivered.
Please understand that the limitations and requirements outlined below may change again based changes in the viral spread at Mesa Spring, viral spread in the surrounding community, CDC and local health department guidance.
The current limitations/requirements in place for this initial re-opening include:
- Must wear a facility approved facemask over both mouth and nose and any other appropriate PPE recommended by the facility or CDC guidance while in any common areas inside the building, including while entering and leaving the dining room and going through the buffet line. The mask can be removed once you are seated.
- Upon entry into the common areas, you will be assessed:
- Temperatures will be taken (if above 100.4, an individual will not be permitted in the building);
- Will be observed for certain signs/symptoms of the virus and inquiring if said signs/symptoms have been experienced by the individual (if any are observed or recently experienced, the individual will not be permitted in the building); and
- You will be required to utilize hand sanitizer upon arrival and before interacting with other residents.
NOTE: If the Community learns that it has moved into a new COVID outbreak, it may immediately re-implement some indoor visitation restrictions to prevent any additional spread of the virus to residents.
If residents or their guest refuse to comply with the limitations or requirements in place, they may be restricted from the common areas and dining room until all restrictions are lifted.
We will continue to monitor the situation and look to expand ways to safely allow our residents to enjoy more of the privileges we all enjoyed prior to coronavirus. Just as we diligently planned for implementing restrictions, we are diligently planning on how to safely ease them. Please be assured we are taking these measures to keep our community safe.
Please keep all of our community, residents and staff in your thoughts and prayers.
As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns.
Cindy L. Spencer